When you visit shop.meca.edu, you’ll be able to view over 400 pieces from 127 artists, including jewelry, paintings, photography, ceramics, and more.
To participate in the sale:
- Set up an account, including credit card payment information, to be ready to purchase and save time on opening night June 24!
- After setting up an account, create a “wishlist” to save any favorites by clicking on the “heart” below all pieces for sale. This will allow you to see your favorites when returning to the site.
- Add any item that you would like to purchase to your shopping cart and check out when the sale opens at 6pm on June 24. The sale runs June 24-27. As a reminder, purchases are first-come, first-serve and no purchase is final until you have fully completed check out.
- Once your purchase is complete, you’ll receive a receipt email with instructions for shipping, delivery, or pickup. Arrangements for receiving purchases will not be confirmed until payment is made in full.
You can see a video walk-through of how to set up an account, purchase work, and participate in the auction here.
During the preview period (June 17 – June 24), you will be able to mark items that you would like to remember by clicking on the ‘heart’. This adds the piece to your ‘wishlist’. You will need to create an account to do so. Upon logging in at a later time or when the sale opens, you can access your ‘wishlist’ at the top right of your window, next to the check out cart. *By setting up an account prior to the sale opening on June 18, you will have faster access to checking out. All sales are first-come, first-serve.*
The auction will only run on June 24 from 6 pm – 9 pm with bidding on selected items from featured artists. You will be able to place a maximum bid. If you are outbid, you will receive an email notification and you can then choose to either increase your bid or not.
If you are the winner, then you will be notified by email.
Please note that bidding starts at the reserve price of the piece and only the set bidding increments can be used. It’s best to set up an account, including credit card payment information, to be ready to bid and save time on opening night June 24!
- Shipping – If you select this option at checkout, your purchase(s) will be shipped to you via USPS. The buyer is responsible for all shipping and handling costs. Shipping costs will be added at checkout. Shipping is calculated on weight and distance, and is charged per piece. Please allow 7-14 business days for delivery. *Some pieces are SHIPPING ONLY – these are noted in the description.* In that case, the work will be shipped directly from the artist. Otherwise, we will ship from MECA. For all purchases over $500, we strongly recommend contacting us at email@example.com to discuss insurance options.
- Pickup – Items that are not being shipped will be available for pick up at MECA’s 83 Free Street entrance (next to Leeward) on the following days/times:
Tuesday, June 29, 10 am – 3 pm
Wednesday, June 30, 10 am – 3 pm
Thursday, July 1, 2 pm – 6 pm
There is no sales tax applied to purchases.
There is a Live Chat function available on the site from 6 pm – 9 pm on June 24 and then from 10 am – 6 pm June 25-27. A COLLECT volunteer will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Outside of those times, you can send an email via the contact form or directly email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some artists have provided their social media links on their “About” page – please feel free to reach out to them!